Monday 19 March 2007

Where Have You Been?

I was never planning on writing a blog, but then I never planned to join Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace. I should have stuck by my guns with the latter, it is shite, but the other two are reasonably enjoyable. However, I do write the occasional blog on MySpace and I think it's finally stirred something beneath. The problem is, I guess for most, who's gonna read your blogs? I suppose you won't ever know, but it's great if just one person reads them surely?
Anyway, I enjoy writing. I wouldn't say I'm a writer, 'cos it's not my profession, just something I enjoy currently. Maybe I'll post the odd poem or story on here, but who knows? I made a New Year's resolution to enter as many writing competitions as I can and there are thousands out there. I actually won a poetry competition a few weeks back and won £100 which was a good old boost to the ego. Now I've got poems, monologues, stories, chapters hovering about waiting to be typed out and sent off.
It's a fantastically uniform sky outside. it's windy, post-rain, cold, crisp and great. I gotta go somewhere, but when I get back hopefully I'll write a bit. Maybe watch Pan's Labyrinth. Maybe I'll animate. I don't really know where the day is heading, but I don't really care.
p.s. I can be destroyingly pedantic at times, yet I often write words thinking they should exist whether they already do or don't, and argue with practically anyone, so apologies in advance.

No comments: